Messy Bun How-To May 18, 2022 08:00 20 Comments
"We love a good messy bun. That’s why we’re so excited to share this easy go-to tutorial with you! Whether you’re having a bad hair day or just want an up-do that takes practically zero effort, we think you’ll love our tips and tricks. Keep your hair tangle-free and sassy while looking effortlessly adorable all the while. Make sure you save this post so that you can come back to it whenever you need to!
1. Gather your hair into a ponytail near the very top of your head. You can either gather it all or leave a few strands hanging by your beautiful face to frame it and draw attention to it!
2. Tie your hair with a hair tie. Depending on how small your tie is and how thick your hair is, you can tie it around once or twice. If you want to make sure your hair tie isn’t visible, we recommend using a clear, plastic one!
3. Pull your hair halfway through the hair tie again and then tighten it so that it’s a small bun. You should have extra hair hanging down–don’t worry, we’re going to use it later!
4. Take the hair in your bun and pull it outward so that it’s in the shape of a fan. Play around with the shape and see what you like!
5. Take the extra hair hanging down from your bun, pull it up toward your face, and give it a little twirl. Remember: think sassy.
6. Keeping that nice and sassy twirl, wrap your extra hair around the front of the fanned-out bun, right around the hair tie. Even if you chose a clear, plastic hair tie, the goal is to hide it even more!
7. Once you’ve made a full circle with your hair, tuck the ends into the hair tie to secure them. You might need to use bobby pins, especially if your hair is short. If your hair is long, you may want to wrap it around the hair tie more than once!
8. Rock your new, sassy bun everywhere you go! If you don’t get it right the first time, don’t worry: practice makes perfect. Try doing it a few times until you get it just right.
Have you tried our tutorial for yourself? Let us know how much you love it in the comments below!"