Learn How to Rock a Hair Scarf Even in Summer June 9, 2022 08:10
You might think that as the heat begins to climb this summer, wearing a hair scarf seems counterintuitive to staying cool even in the hottest temps. Rocking a scarf, however, is still one of the hottest trends this year and always makes for a chic accessory. An ensemble with a hair scarf is easily a fool-proof way to remain on-trend and classy. But how do you wear a scarf? How to wear one creatively? And how to rock a hair scarf even in summer? Never fear; Shop Impressions is here for inspiration and ideas!
Why Wear a Hair Scarf in Summer?
Have you ever had a bad hair day but didn't have the time or energy to worry about it? A quick way to tame your hair and make it look styled in seconds flat is by using a scarf. You've probably already seen several trendy looks for this summer featuring adorable scarves and are wondering how to style one for yourself. Whether you have long hair, medium hair, or short hair, we might help you find the best way for you to learn how to rock a hair scarf, even in summer.
First step: Find Your Must-Have Hair Scarf
Of course, the first step in rocking a scarf is to have the perfect one right for you. There are many to choose from, so find one that works with all of your summer wardrobes or buy several to switch them out every day!
● Living in Style Scarf In Wine. Cooling, silk-like, smooth scarf in a gorgeous herringbone pattern of wine and brown or delicate pink blush.
● More of a retro girl? You'll adore the Happy Vibes Scarf In Peach or Ivory.
● Lipstick And Lattes Hair Scarf In Ivory, Orange, or Sky Blue.
And those are just a few examples of the fantastic scarves and hair scarves available to wear. Any of our exclusive scarves marked as satiny or silk-light will be lightweight and perfect for summer.
Hair Scarf Style for Textured and Long Hair
The quickest and easiest way to style a hair scarf is to leave your hair down! First, grab your headwrap or hair scarf and slip it on while leaving your luscious locks the way they are. Wrap your head scarf around your head and tie it at the nape of your neck. The headscarf will keep your hair out of your face and help hide oily roots if you have them. To give your hair a bit of volume and texture, spritz your favorite texturizing mist or use your favorite hair pomade.
Hair Scarf Style for Updo or Buns
Another way to wear your hair scarf is to put your hair into your fave bun, neat or messy, or even an updo of choice. Throw on a hair scarf after your hair is up to transform the updo look. Here's a quick tutorial to try with a ponytail:
1. Pull your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a thick hair band.
2. Braid your hair loosely into a messy rope braid, and secure the end with an elastic.
3. Pull on the twists of your messy braid until your desired level of 'messiness' happens.
4. Weave the hair scarf through the first hairband, the gaps in your rope braid, and finally through the last elastic at the end of your braid.
5. Using the scarf, twist your braid into a messy bun, then tie the scarf.
6. Secure with bobby pins, and away you go!
This is a great way to keep your hair off your neck while making your hair look amazing!
Scarf Style for Complete Hair Covering: The Turban
The hair turban has been a classic go-to in Hollywood movies and more for decades and is perfect for days when you just can't be bothered with hair. Another great thing about a hair scarf turban is how it keeps the sun off the top of your head too. So how do you do it?
1. Start by gathering your hair in a bun or ponytail.
2. Fold your hair scarf in half to form the shape of a triangle.
3. Lay the scarf on your head with the center point of the end of the triangle facing forward and the sides hanging down to your shoulders.
4. Make sure most of your hair is covered, grasp the length of each side hanging near your shoulders, and bring them to the top of your head, twisting them twice to create a 'knot.'
5. Once the ends are twisted twice, bring both sides together to the back of your head and tie it tight.
Tuck all your loose ends under the back and the front, and voila! You've got a headscarf turban.
Scarf Style for Short Hair: The Updo Illusion
Think you can only rock a hair scarf this summer with short hair? Think again! You can totally fake an updo and still wear a hair scarf. Here's how to do it!
1. Gather your supplies. You'll need dry shampoo, a comb, several bobby pins, and your favorite Shop Impressions headscarf.
2. Spritz your hair with your dry shampoo for extra texture, then generously tease the hair at the crown of your head.
3. Smooth the top layer of teased hair over the crown.
4. Secure the smooth hair with bobby pins at the back.
5. Next, pin the sides of your hair with bobby pins back to blend in with the top.
6. Secure any remaining hair with more bobby pins, so it's off the back of your neck. The back will look like a mess of pins, but that's okay! It's going to get covered.
7. Fold your hair scarf until it makes the shape of a triangle. Place the scarf, so the triangle's tip points toward your neck.
8. Take the two sides, tie a knot right before the teased bump of hair, then tie a second knot.
9. Take the ends, tuck them into the scarf at the top of the scarf, and use the tail end of a comb to adjust the scarf or hair.
10. And you're done!
When the sun comes out this season, and you hit the beach or a night out, or even do errands, you'll know how to rock a headscarf even in summer and look fabulous! Don't forget to grab our hottest headscarves today before they sell out!